Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Excuse me, are you a first year too?

Someone tapped my shoulder while I was watching an infant was being resuscitated.


He was wearing a long sleeved labcoat - surefire sign of a junior (Hehe.)


"No, I am not. I think I didn't see any of your batchmates either."
"Oh, ok."
"How long will you guys be here?"
"For a few days."
"So you guys are having nursing week, right?"
"No, I'm studying medicine."
"......."
"Oh... yeah, it's my nursing week."
"I see. Shouldn't you be in the wards now?"
"Huh? Then where am I now?"
"You're in the Emergency Department."

3 comments:

senaiboy said...

LOL. he sounded really lost. first years.. tsk tsk. oh wait, we were once like them too haha :P

btw didn't we call ourselves sem1s instead of first year?

gray said...

hehe yeah we were once like them. and i would suspect that the seniors would think like how i do now. lol

Steph said...

Haha, poor kid. Hilarious, although i'm not at all familiar with the the whole med student drill around hospitals. Maybe there's just something universally comic about noobs, whatever the species... =P